Skip to main content

My white stuff baby

Like most moms, I’ve had and am still having my fair share of guilt, frustrations and disappointments. But right now, I’m thinking that I’m having more than my fair share. I’ve been having a very difficult time feeding my toddler. She’s almost 2 years old but still needs to learn to eat more solid food. I actually feel quite guilty about it, having had to start her with Gerber at 6 months despite other parents’ advice that most Gerber babies become picky eaters. And I found that out for myself a bit too late. After her first spoonful of Gerber Squash, she wouldn’t take anything else. Later on, I just felt lucky that she also liked Gerber carrots but that was about it. Those two seem like they’re all she’ll ever eat.
After her first year, she eventually began tasting rice and cereals but did not like them as much as she loved Gerber. We decided to introduce several options by taking her out to try different restaurants. And alas we found out that she adores pasta and that she particularly loves carbonara, alfredo or any white pasta sauce. Among her faves, Sbarro baked Ziti topped her list. Well, she actually likes the Sbarro menu specifically their White Pizza, both the white and Chicago deep white. Needless to say, my daughter is now a major fan of white food.
You might be wondering what she eats at home. Well, for most part she asks (and I mean asks) for “Egg”. Potatoes are also a staple for her but her appetite at home is not as good as when we dine out at her choice restaurants which serve her favourite white stuffs.
It is difficult for us and I really don’t have clue on how to change her taste buds now. Problems is, dining out is really quite costly and my budget is taking the toll for it. Besides, my husband and I would really love to try other places that don’t serve pasta or pizza. I mean, were just sick and tired of it. But my baby doesn’t seem to notice. She has the same kind of appetite every single time she sees white on her plate. I’m looking forward to her 2nd birthday because we’d soon see her doctor. This issue would surely top my “ask the doctor” list this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retirement in the Philippines: Going against the grain

I started to think about retirement at age 36.  I don't know why but it was then that I realized that despite my good prospects for promotion in the near future and my steady stream of income from the investments that we were making, I just knew then that I needed to start my journey to financial stability and security.   My son and my youngest was less than a year old then.  I computed in my mind that when he reached college at 18 years old, I would be around 55 years old by then.  I was unsure what I'd be by then.  Would I still be healthy enough to work?  Would we have enough savings to make sure that he has money for a decent college to go to?  Would he be intelligent enough to make it to UP to enjoy free tuition?  It was unsettling.  I felt I had to do something.  And so I realized that I wasn't even talking about retirement.  I was just thinking about Sam's college really.   So it was then that I made my big leap to get a VUL.  I did not know much about it then bu

What makes a good Financial Advisor?

If you're my age, you've more likely come across an Insurance Agent or Financial Advisor from among the popular insurance companies in the Philippines.  Most of them claim to be able to advise you on investment portfolios that you may want to buy or avail for yourself.  They would often ask you first about your investment capacity or the amount that you are willing to invest whether monthly or one-time and then move into presenting you a proposal based on that alone.   Based on my experience on investments, the best kind of advisors are those that are concerned with the end goal rather than what you'd like to give up from your disposable income.  Normally, when you ask people about how much they would like to invest, they would normally just let you know how much extra extra money they have or what they usually have left after a payroll cutoff.  If you let people do that, chances are you'd end up getting lose changes as investment funds.  There lies the disconnect usual

Investing in real estate in the time of COVID

Investing in real estate (condo and house and lot) in the time of COVID As a real estate researcher, I've read and navigated through a lot of information and data to analyze and provide insights to our company leaders about industry trends.  Off work, many of my friends also ask me for advise when it comes to decisions about real estate.  To buy or not to buy this property, to sell or not to sell at this price, to rent out long or short term, house and lot or condo , and other related queries about what to do with their money and property.  I almost always suggest to keep it simple and logical.  If it does not add up and you have an inch of a doubt about it, then don't do it.  However, there are also signals that should not be ignored.  This is especially true in periods when demand presets supply.  The worst case scenario for a buyer/investor is to see a property be sold out just when you've decided to buy it and then see it appreciate exponentiall